When you think of great workouts rowing may not come to mind, but there are 6 amazing benefits of rowing that may change the way you start to workout. You might be surprised to find out that workout that compares the closest to rowing (with regards to the amount of muscles you use) is… cross country skiing! So put aside the assumptions you may have made about rowing, and learn more about why this tried and true workout is gaining popularity among newbies, athletes and celebrities alike
The top 6 benefits of rowing:
- Rowing is simply amazing at burning calories . You don’t have to burn yourself out to burn major calories in a workout. Believe it or not, rowing actually burns 2 – 3 times the calories of spinning, treadmill or elliptical workouts.
- It’s a total body workout: when you row, you use 84 % of your muscle mass and you get more bang for your buck compared to other workouts. More results in less time sounds good to us!
- It sculpts your muscles – you use 9 major muscle groups including glutes, hamstrings, shoulders, arms, back and core, every single workout. Row and sculpt!
- It’s great cardiovascular training – keeps your heart rate up so you get great cardio conditioning as well (gotta keep the heart and lungs healthy)
- Its fun. Seriously. Fun. This is the kind of workout you bring your BFFs to for a little friendly sweat your butt off competition, have a fun date night with your sweetie, or get your coworkers on board (and secretly take out your frustrations at the same time).
- It’s competitive – gives you the push to push yourself, vs working out by yourself on a treadmill or elliptical. Friendly competition against other rowers, or work together as teams, competing to do your best and see who comes out on top. All in good fun and sportsmanship. It’s exhilarating!
What are you waiting for? Start experiencing these amazing benefits of rowing for yourself!